Thursday, July 07, 2005

Poor, Lonely Cheese

I was just singing the song "The Farmer in the Dell." In my head. Not outloud because I don't think that would impress my boss who sits approximately 5 feet away from me.

Anyway...

The very last verse of the song is:

The cheese stands alone.
The cheese stands alone.
Hi-ho, the dairy-o, the cheese stands alone.

I want to know why. Why does the cheese stand alone? Is it because of his foul odour, having been sitting out for one hour too long? Or his agitating yellow-ish colour? If he was feeling down over being alone, would that make him blue cheese?

See, I thought the mouse took the cheese. So what prompted the mouse to suddenly abandon said cheese?

This concerns me greatly.

1 Comments:

At 7/21/2005 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know why it stands alone either, but there's a great cheese shop in chicago called The Cheese Stands Alone and I always wondered why it was called that...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home