Friday, October 07, 2005

Red Leicester and Stilton

Early this morning, I decided I wanted bagels and cheese for lunch. But not just fluffy so-called bagels and ordinary cream cheese, I wanted good bagels and good cheese. In fact, I decided, I might even experiment with an exotic or unusual cheese instead of just my usual cheddar, brie or boursin.

When lunchtime rolled around, it was bleak, cold, and drizzling. No matter. I can take it. I trecked down the street, pushing past the umbrella-wielding psychopaths, to St Lawrence Market.

I selected a tempting concoction: Red Leicester blended with Stilton. Then I made my way to Saint Urbain's Bakery for some bagels. When the woman handed me the bag, it was warm. Fresh bagels!

I walked back to work and took my purchases to the kitchen. I cut the bagels in half and sliced some of the cheese. I returned to my desk and bit into my noontime treat.

Ick. Turns out I don't like Red Leicester and Stilton mixed together. Maybe I don't like either of them at all.

1 Comments:

At 10/07/2005 2:58 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Whenever I hear "Red Leicester", I think of that Monty Python sketch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home